Pressure Cooker Beef and Potato Stew

Pressure Cooker Beef and Potato Stew

Pressure Cooker Beef and Potato Stew

Directions

Mealthy Tip

Don't have any red wine on hand or prefer to cook without alcohol? Substitute 1 cup of beef stock for the red wine. For extra flavor, try mixing in one tablespoon of vinegar per cup of stock. Be sure to remove the cloves and bay leaf before serving!

Nutrition Facts

Per Serving: 483 calories; 15g fat; 28.7g carbohydrates; 52g protein; 150mg cholesterol; 493mg sodium.

Full nutrition

Amount Per Serving
Calories 483 Calories from Fat136
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15g 23%
Saturated Fat5g 23%
Trans Fat0.7g
Polyunsaturated Fat3.7g
Monounsaturated Fat6.3g
Cholesterol 150mg 50%
Sodium 493mg 21%
Total Carbohydrate 28.7g 10%
Dietary Fiber4g 15%
Sugars3.7g
Protein 52g
Vitamin A157% Vitamin C19%
Calcium5% Iron33%

* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:

Calories: 2,000 2,500
Total Fat Less than 65g 80g
Saturated Fat Less than 20g 25g
Cholesterol Less than 300mg 300 mg
Sodium Less than 2,400mg 2,400mg
Total Carbohydrate 300g 375g
Dietary Fiber 25g 30g

Calories per gram:

Fat 9 • Carbohydrate 4 • Protein 4

Reviews

What others are saying

Image of Katie Hason

Katie Hason says:

Perfect date night dish for your meat and potatoes guy! So flavorful, thanks to the wine, garlic, clove, and broth. The meat is nice and tender, and the vegetables give some added nutrition. Love it!

Image of Laura Griffin

Laura Griffin says:

This beef and potato stew was superb! It's very hearty, one of those "stick to your bones" recipes that will keep you full. You don't need to use a lot of salt or garlic powder because the meat and red wine give off natural flavors. This was so good, I can't wait to make it again.

Image of Scott Mitchell

Scott Mitchell says:

Really good. The meat was nice and tender. Very hearty. I added some black pepper and some more salt and I also used a colorful variety of baby potatoes. Also didn't peel my carrots. Simple and delicious!

Image of Hector Jonass

Hector Jonass says:

This is about as straightforward "meat and potatoes" as you can get. Added black pepper and used a bit more salt and it wasn't quite as flavorful as I had wanted. Pefect low-fuss Sunday dinner, though.

Image of Melissa P

Melissa P says:

Used minced garlic (and lots of it) instead of garlic powder. This recipe was yummy and the kids love it too. It's so convenient, especially for weeknights, to be able to make all at once in a single pot.

Image of Sharonda White

Sharonda White says:

Loved this meal! We added celery and black pepper. We substituted chicken broth and red wine vinegar for the red wine. We made and ate it the same night!

Image of J R

J R says:

Seems I'm the only not quite happy with this one. 1 cup of liquid to 2lbs of meat + veggies? It seemed a bit off to me, but I gave it a try. The meat came under pressure the first time, no problem. But when I added all the veggies, it just simply would not come under pressure. I'm thinking not enough liquid. I added another cup, after that, it came under pressure very quickly. So problem number one for me, not enough liquid in this recipe. Problem number 2: the meat is far from tender (I got a good cut of meat for this), the carrots are perfect, and the potatoes are all mushy. So next time, I'll add 2 cups of wine/broth, and I'll cook the meat for 20 minutes and the veggies only 2. My recipe was for 6qt and 6 servings. I love my mealthy, I just wish the recipes were a bit more precise.

Image of Autumn Portka

Autumn Portka says:

Delicious! Followed all directions and ingredients. I would've like a little more broth for mine but that is an easy fix for next time.

Image of Barbara DeVito

Barbara DeVito says:

We really enjoyed this beef stew, my husband said it was delicious. I'll make it again!

Image of Carol Wagner

Carol Wagner says:

Loved this! A keeper! Added a little extra wine. Would add some sliced mushrooms next time.

Image of Melissa Smart

Melissa Smart says:

This was my first time using my Mealthy Pot & it was AMAZING!! I used beef stock instead of wine, 2 types of potatoes & bagged baby carrots. I doubled the veggies, added 1 extra cup of stock & increased each cook time by 2 additional minutes. My family finished off the entire pot.

Image of Yoka Alexander

Yoka Alexander says:

Absolutely easy and delicious. Probably only pressure cook vegetables 10 min, will see.

Image of Robert Covolo

Robert Covolo says:

Terrible.

Image of Michael Shafer

Michael Shafer says:

I know there was a lot of positive comments on this recipe but I followed the recipe exactly and it was really blah tasting. I had to add a ton of salt and pepper to give it any kind of taste. Sorry. Not good.